- Assists in facilitating proactive and reactive media interactions including print, online, video and audio format media opportunities for CEO, senior leaders, and spokespeople. Media verticals include (but not limited to) anti-doping, Olympic and Paralympic sport, UFC, horse racing, scientific thought leadership, sports law, etc.
- Leads and maintains a comprehensive media and social media monitoring program to ensure communications staff is aware of up-to-the minute stories, articles, and trends affecting anti-doping. This includes compiling daily, weekly, and monthly summary and metrics reports (in tandem with InnerSocial), as well as breaking news reporting. Duties include daily news clipping and real-time story reporting.
- Oversees vendors providing news delivery services; collects and analyzes data to inform media strategy
- Maintains consistent, data-driven approach to delivery of messages informed by measurable metrics
- Coordinates news and messaging strategy with social media agency to enhance owned-channel engagement and engagement with key external stakeholders on their channels
- Assists with preparation of USADA staff and Board members for interviews when appropriate
- Assist with coordination of major media projects when necessary, past examples include HBO Real Sports, HBO 24/7, 60 Minutes, Outside the Lines, ABC Evening News, and the CBS Early Show
- Responds orally and in writing to requests for information from new media, using personal judgment and expert-level knowledge about the organization and its policies, programs, and activities; Distributes incoming requests to appropriate departments.
- Assists Director of Communications and Communications Manager in compiling and organizing press materials development: press kit materials, process documents, process graphics, FAQs, b-roll scripts and other resources
- Travel as necessary to conferences, trade shows, or special events to deliver presentations, or to support/promote USADA programs and resources
- Participates in and contributes to planning and reviewing communications initiatives generated by Communications department, as well as by other departments to ensure consistency, brand messaging accuracy, and effectiveness
- Always maintain confidentiality
- Projects and other duties as assigned
- Experience in sports is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of the news and sports media landscape; international media relations experience a plus
- Communications experience including developing media relationships
- Social media experience (i.e. community management, content creation, news monitoring)
- Proficiency in monitoring and communicating via major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Experience tracking traditional and social media metrics; work in conjunction with InnerSocial Marketing to produce internal metrics reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Sports Marketing or related field or combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion among internal and external constituents
- Ability to multitask and to work accurately under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ambition, drive, energy, and the ability to work flexible and long hours when necessary
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-profile principal for media opportunities.
- Moderate proficiency in MS Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is recognized as the national anti-doping organization for Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American and Parapan American sport in the United States. The recognition tasks USADA with drug-testing and results management responsibilities for these athletes, however USADA is equally dedicated to preserving the integrity of sport through research initiatives and educational programs that inspire a commitment to true sport in the next generation of athletes.
Internationally, USADA is at the forefront of the anti-doping movement, considered the gold standard in many areas of anti-doping program management. In addition, our employees are held to the same high standards exhibited by athletes who fully embrace true sport: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Responsibility, and Courage.
Employees at USADA hold positions in areas including: sport testing, elite-athlete education, drug reference resources, science & research, legal affairs, outreach education (TrueSport), communications, business affairs & finance, and information technology. USADA additionally employs approximately 50 doping control officers stationed throughout the country responsible for collecting athletes’ samples.
USADA’s office is located near the Rocky Mountain foothills of northwest Colorado Springs, Colorado, a city that is home to the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee and numerous Olympic and Paralympic sport national governing bodies.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)