REPORTS TO: DCO Operations Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISES: N/A Last revised: August 2022
JOB SUMMARY: The Operations Coordinator is a data-driven and detail-oriented member of our Doping Control Officer (DCO) program. They are excited by operational details and dedicated to continually seeking out efficiencies that push us to get better at procurement, logistics, shipping, inventory control, and more. They are responsible for ensuring USADA’s logistics and procurement needs are met in a manner that supports the gold-standard delivery of our anti-doping programs in the field. This includes managing relationships with our third-party logistics (3PL) partner, carrier services, and more than a dozen providers of products and resources that are essential to our operations. They are committed to the success of an internal customer base of more than 70 DCOs who conduct USADA’s drug-testing work in the field.
· Coordinate the execution of logistics via our 3PL partner, including supporting the business relationship and troubleshooting macro and micro-level challenges with execution of orders through the 3PL’s system
· Drive strategic reviews and analysis with our 3PL partner to ensure performance and operational expectations are being met
· Build and manage relationships with carrier services (e.g., UPS, FedEx, World Courier) to ensure reliable and cost-effective service in the shipment of samples
· Review data and trends with product inventory, shipping times, costs, etc. to develop recommendations for improving USADA’s time and cost-efficiencies
· Proactively develop solutions for logistics issues that are identified yourself or reported by other members of the USADA team
· Provide exceptional customer services to our DCOs for their logistics needs, including prompt and professional responses to requests for assistance received via phone, email, etc.
· Monitor and approve all inventory purchase orders
· Prepare data for negotiations with carrier services, equipment supplies and all vendors to negotiate advantageous terms
· Help create distribution and procurement standard operating procedures
· Provide logistical support for major domestic and international sport events where USADA is providing anti-doping services
· Keep the DCO Operations Manager aware, at appropriate frequency and depth of content, of relevant results, challenges, and opportunities within DCO Operations logistics function
- Be a utility player, providing support to other DCO Operations coordinator core functionality, as the need arises
- Provide prompt and superior quality customer services to DCOs, and sample collection personnel by answering calls and emails
- Provide general support to USADA DCOs
- Recommend necessary updates and revisions to USADA protocol and procedures as related to Doping Control
· Maintain confidentiality at all times
· Projects and other duties as assigned to support our DCO Operations team
· One (1) to three (3) years of applicable experience that includes supply chain operations, logistics, and/or procurement
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion among internal and external parties
· Ability to multitask and to work accurately under pressure
· Excellent organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
· Moderate proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.
· Physical requirements: Standing, crouching, lifting, pushing/pulling, up to 50% of the day (4 hours), on a regular basis. Must be able to lift 25 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs periodically.
· Familiarity with Warehouse Management Systems
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is recognized as the national anti-doping organization for Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American and Parapan American sport in the United States. The recognition tasks USADA with drug-testing and results management responsibilities for these athletes, however USADA is equally dedicated to preserving the integrity of sport through research initiatives and educational programs that inspire a commitment to true sport in the next generation of athletes.
Internationally, USADA is at the forefront of the anti-doping movement, considered the gold standard in many areas of anti-doping program management. In addition, our employees are held to the same high standards exhibited by athletes who fully embrace true sport: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Responsibility, and Courage.
Employees at USADA hold positions in areas including: sport testing, elite-athlete education, drug reference resources, science & research, legal affairs, outreach education (TrueSport), communications, business affairs & finance, and information technology. USADA additionally employs approximately 50 doping control officers stationed throughout the country responsible for collecting athletes’ samples.
USADA’s office is located near the Rocky Mountain foothills of northwest Colorado Springs, Colorado, a city that is home to the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee and numerous Olympic and Paralympic sport national governing bodies.